Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Router - and rebating

Cicero wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:23:32 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Robert Laws wibbled:

On Aug 10, 9:55 am, Tim S wrote:
I've asked questions before about routers and had some very useful

This is a rather specific question:

I need to rebate a load of architrave so it sits cleanly over the
plaster which is higher in places than the door frame, and also sits
tight to the door frame.
I had a similar problem and found it simplest to sand off some plaster
so it was bevelled gently in to meet the door frame. This was an old
house with lime plaster so it was easy to sand off.

Robert

Good point - though sanding anything except wood is no longer permitted as
we've got the house clean (3/4s of it is still a building site, but it's a
very clean building site - needs to be as the kids live down there some
days)

I'm going to try with the shaving/scraping suggestion and see how it goes
:0

Cheers

Tim

Try a surform if you've got one.

Cic.

An old saw can work well (the longer the better). The teeth score the
peaks and don't touch the troughs, so you get a "map" of the high spots,
hopefully scored to the right depth.