Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CFLs

In article ,
andrew writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have boxes of similar things which came through the post.
Mostly, they're far too low wattage to be useful - it's difficult
to find any use for CFL retrofits 20W IME. You need 23-25W to
replace a 100W bulb.

TCL had some nice ES ones at 35 watt but I think he said they were 30 quid
each!

I have a 30W ES one which came from Homebase some years ago,
which I think was under £10 (just). I bought it as a prop for
a presentation -- I don't actually have a use for it (or to be
more precise, I don't have any light fitting that it would fit
into).

--
Andrew Gabriel