Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Hear water meter 'clicking' throughout the pipes when in-groundsprinkler running

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"blueman" wrote in message
When our in-ground sprinkler is running outside, I can hear the water
meter 'clicking' through all the pipes -- including as far away as our
3rd floor bathroom. All the pipes are secured properly using clamps
and we never hear any other water hammering or vibration noises. The
clicking definitely comes from the water meter itself and sounds like
a metronome beating at at 4-5 beats/second.

Are you sure that is not the sound of coins being thrown away? My lawn gets
watered every time it rains; and only when it rains.

Hi,
That'll sound like Kaching, Kaching, not click, click, LOL!