Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Keeping the power off

On Aug 12, 6:26 am, Owain wrote:
On 11 Aug, 07:29, Matty F wrote:

I have now discovered that there is yet another isolation switch
elsewhere in a locked metal cabinet. The electrician had switched that
off as well as putting a "Danger Leave Off" sign on the other switch.
When he switched the second isolation switch on again he noticed that
it was live. So no real danger then.

*This time*

Fact remains that somebody deliberately over-rode a safety lockout and
that cannot go unreported.

Next time there might not be a second isolator, or someone might over-
ride that as well.

There's a new temporary padlock for the first switch complete with a
new large double-sided red sign. Only the electrician has a key. He
always supervises the work.
None of the morons knows about the second isolation switch or has a
key to that box. I think the system is now safe enough. Unfortunately
the world is full of unobservant morons. We can't get rid of all of
them. Some of them may be useful in other ways.