Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default My Builder

In message , Tom
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Tom
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
a.com...
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Starling wrote:
On Aug 9, 11:15 pm, PeterC wrote:

Looking at my area (S. Northants), some of the 'feedback' looks as
if it migh have been posted by the trader, e.g.:

http://www.mybuilder.com/profile/view/samm_developments
Don't see any user feedback from him. Seems their system is like ebay
in that you can only leave feedback when they log a paid transaction.

I can't see it being economical for most tradesmen as you are paying
a lot for 'leads' (£40+vat/quarter) and any leads that work you pay
them 5% +vat of the invoice amount. There will be a lot of tyre
kickers on that site or people just fishing for prices. Maybe that
explains the lack of feedback for samm_developments

Most of these sites are a complete waste of time & a rip off for the
tradesman.

Registered as a private punter with a list of typical handyman jobs &
got
about 5 replies 'auto' generated, none of which would have been
appropriate or even in my area. Waste of space.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Yesterday I put up a job to fit 2 internal doors - labour only. Prices
back
ranged from £70 - £235, and the cheapest guy lived 40 miles away! I think
have to agree with you Dave, a waste of time! Looks like i will be getting
the tools out this weekend.

Why else would you be subscribed to uk.d-i-y ?

--
geoff

Because i have lots of jobs that need doing around the house at the moment
and my least favourite is hanging doors! Also the day job is taking up a lot
of my time at the moment and i would prefer to spend the weekends with the
family! My diy list at the moment is to replace two windows, fit new Toilet
and sink, move washing machine to a detached garage (Burying the cold water
feed under the patio!!).

So what are you doing in the afternoon ?

--
geoff