Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Solvent weld is solvent weld, right?

"Pete Verdon" d wrote in
message ...
Bob Minchin wrote:
Pete Verdon wrote:

Can I use the pot of MK "egaweld" I have for electrical conduits to also
weld the Marley waste pipe I've just bought?

Should be OK. Most of these things are uPVC.

I think the label I looked at said ABS (typically, I then picked up a
piece of pipe with half the label torn off). The solvent says PVC. I don't
know enough to know whether they're close enough.

ABS is a styrene, so I doubt it. There may be solvents that work on both ABS
and PVC, but I wouldn't bet on it for the cost of a pot of the right stuff.

Colin Bignell