Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Router - and rebating

Tim S wrote:
John Rumm wibbled:

A bit like:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...avePacking.jpg

This is also a good suggestion - I hadn't thought of doing that. I'll see
how the plaster shaving goes first.

I might need this method as unfortunately 3 segments of my nice straight
flat frames cupped a bit due to large amounts of wet plaster (wish I'd
anticipated that and waterproofed the back!).

It's not much - a few mm at most, not enough to really notice or mess up
door fitting, but it's introduced an angle on the edges, where the
architrave will go. Planing that in situ is possible but fiddly.

I'll have a look in B&Q at the hardwood trim shelf - 5mm x 10mm would do the
job nicely if there's some wood to match mine...

Ripsaw slices off a larger plank if not...

--
Cheers,

John.