Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default CFLs

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:41:36 +0100, andrew wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have boxes of similar things which came through the post.
Mostly, they're far too low wattage to be useful - it's difficult
to find any use for CFL retrofits 20W IME. You need 23-25W to
replace a 100W bulb.

TCL had some nice ES ones at 35 watt but I think he said they were 30 quid
each!

AJH

Morrisons have Status 30W at about £.something; good output and about
0.98PF.
The 11W Philips in the hall is brighter than the 60W GLS that was in there
- very surprising. I've a couple of 20W Philips in place of 100W GLS and
they seem to be 75W.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.