Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Router - and rebating

Robert Laws wibbled:

On Aug 10, 9:55*am, Tim S wrote:
I've asked questions before about routers and had some very useful

This is a rather specific question:

I need to rebate a load of architrave so it sits cleanly over the plaster
which is higher in places than the door frame, and also sits tight to the
door frame.

I had a similar problem and found it simplest to sand off some
plaster so it was bevelled gently in to meet the door frame. This was
an old house with lime plaster so it was easy to sand off.

Robert

Good point - though sanding anything except wood is no longer permitted as
we've got the house clean (3/4s of it is still a building site, but it's a
very clean building site - needs to be as the kids live down there some
days)

I'm going to try with the shaving/scraping suggestion and see how it goes :0

Cheers

Tim