Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Solvent weld is solvent weld, right?

Cicero wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:27:25 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

Pete Verdon wrote:
Can I use the pot of MK "egaweld" I have for electrical conduits to also
weld the Marley waste pipe I've just bought? Or are they in fact
different things?

Cheers,

Pete

Should be OK. Most of these things are uPVC. There is one breed of
wastepipe that is something else but it has a different BS number.

Bob

Wickes sell two types of waste pipe - push-fit and solvent-weld. Would one
of these two be the exception to which you refer?

Cic.

The stuff I recall was plastic but copper coloured called something like
Bartol. It had a slightly slippery, soft feel surface and would not take
solvent weld cement. It might have been push fit. I 'inherited' odd bits
of it abandoned when I bought the house in the 80s.

upvc is a bit harder and you can't scratch it and make a mark with your
fingernail

Bob