Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Perspex adhesive

BigWallop has brought this to us :
"Donwill" wrote in message
I'm trying to purchase a small quantity of acrylic cement to bond a
small acrylic tube to some rod.
In the past I've used Chloroform but I don't suppose I can get any of
that this day and age.
Any ideas?
Don

Ask your local pharmacist for help. They may be able to get you a small
bottle. You do have to sign a legal document for it now-a-days, though, to
prevent you from using such chemicals in an illegal manner. But you should
be able to get it from the friendly chemists shop.

Needing to solve a similar problem myself, I attempted to obtain some.
The chemists do not seem to stock it all and would have to get it in
specially and it is not available without prescription.

So I then looked for a alternatives and found http://bondrite.co.uk/

To weld acrylic (which is also Perspex) they recommend WC102 which is
£5 delivered, for a 20gm bottle including applicator.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)