Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default How to hide a security camera?

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:59:00 +0100, george (dicegeorge) wrote:
I've just bought a motion sensitive security camera from Maplins.
I want to have it monitoring a hallway which is constantly lit.
But how can I hide it so a burglar doesnt steal it?
A net of some kind over the lens hole?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=223738
Red Alert153 Portable CCTV Video Recorder

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=220706
DIY SecurityCam153 CCTV Colour Video Camera with Tripod

People very rarely look above their sight-line (even in cop
shows, when they enter a house/room, guns out - they only ever
look from side to side, never upwards). You might find the
simplest solution would be to paint it the same colour as
the room's ceiling and mount it high up.
Ideally, it would be above the entrance but then all you'll get
is a view of the back of the baddie's head.