Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Router - and rebating

John Rumm wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

If you go the rebate route, it one of those jobs that you can do in a
number of ways. The fast solution would be a pair of non through cuts
on a table saw (or possibly just one if the blade kerf is wider than
the
amount you need to remove.

That's probably what I'd do - and hope that no-one from H&S is
watching when I remove the guard and riving knife to be able to do
non-through cuts.

You can fit a splitter in place of the riving knife.

(let's hope H&S don't see my saw - it was made before things like guards
were thought of!)

I put mine in a drawer 30 years ago and haven't taken it out since, but
I'd already had tuition from an experienced saw hand, so was reasonably
confident. However, I don't think I'd want to start using a sawbench for
the first time without someone showing me the ropes for an hour. Then
again, excessive Andy Hall type precautions can lead to an irrational
fear of the thing.