Posted to alt.home.repair
rogerfisher rogerfisher is offline

Default Garage Doors

On Aug 10, 8:12*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:18:33 -0700 (PDT), rogerfisher

wrote:
On Aug 10, 6:27*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:11:41 -0700 (PDT), rogerfisher

wrote:
We are looking at 3 different garage doors for our house. *This is a
replacement.

Clopay - 4050 Series
Wayne Dalton - 9600 Series
CHI - 2285 Series

What are the pros and cons of each. *We want a good, sturdy insulated
door with windows. *We want one that will qualify for the energy tax
credit. *We know very little about garage doors and need all the help
we can get.

Wayne Dalton has been out of business for years. Another door company
was bought by Martin Doors. They kept all phone numbers and
yellow-page ads.

I suggest you visit Lowe's or HD and look a door samples for Martin
Doors. or visit their site.* *This door qualifies for a tax credit. A
single door cost me $1200.00 (no new rails, windows or opener). The
installers at L/HD are the actual company Martin employees that are
trained and not some jay-bird off the street.

http://www.martindoor.com/

Wayne Dalton out of business? *They still have a website and a garage
door company in our area (very reputable) sells both the Clopay and
Wayne Dalton garage doors. *Are you saying that Martin bought Wayne
Dalton and kept the Wayne Dalton name? *I'm not sure that I understand
exactly what it is that you are saying.

I'm saying my WD door was no longer available. *Calling numbers in
yellow pages MIGHT just direct you to another company that was bought
by another.

Got a link for WD doors? Where do they make them?

Here's the link. www.wayne-dalton.com
It says on the website that they are in Mt. Hope, Ohio.