Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default water softner regeneration times

"Tim" wrote in message
How often does a salt based water softener have to regenerate...and for
how long ? We have a rental home that has 2 adults. Based on the size of
the salt tank...I'd say it's a medium to large capacity softener. I've
written the manufacturer a couple times for a manual..but get no response.
It's about 10-12 years old. Does it have to regenerate every
night,...and/or for how long for each regen period ?

Thanks much,
Tim

Need more information. How hard is the water? What is the actual capacity?
Maybe someone here has a manual and can give better information. If it is
already set up, I'd give it a try and test every day to see if the water
runs hard before adjusting.