Grunff

Default Raising the roof

BigWallop wrote:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Sorry David, but that sounds a really daft idea to me. There
ain't a hope in hell you'll lift a double garage roof with tiles on, even a
few inches off its supports, without it falling to bits. Do you realise the
weight it will be ? Approximately six meters by five meters of slate tiles
alone is about two tonnes. Unless you brace all the bits together and lift
the whole thing with a properly slung crane, then you're asking for real
troubles.

Try it, and come back and tell us how you got on. :-))

I'm inclined to agree. I don't see how you'd be able to raise it
at all four corners simultaneously. If you don't, it'll start
twisting and falling apart.

I think it sounds like a lot more work than rebuilding the roof.

--
Grunff