Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Would it be possible to have

Clive George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run several,
no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak of, much
better all round.

Can you imagine a mailing list (aka yahoo group) for a group of the same
volume as uk.d-i-y?

Anyway usenet is great - better than either mailing lists or web forums in
so many ways.

FWIW I've seen none of the mail order brides or watches spam. I suspect
that's getting cancelled, and my news provider is honouring those cancels.

Yup, same here. I get the BNP dickheads and the occasional other ad, but
not much in volume at all.

--
Cheers,

John.