Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage Doors

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:11:41 -0700 (PDT), rogerfisher
wrote:

We are looking at 3 different garage doors for our house. This is a
replacement.

Clopay - 4050 Series
Wayne Dalton - 9600 Series
CHI - 2285 Series

What are the pros and cons of each. We want a good, sturdy insulated
door with windows. We want one that will qualify for the energy tax
credit. We know very little about garage doors and need all the help
we can get.

Wayne Dalton has been out of business for years. Another door company
was bought by Martin Doors. They kept all phone numbers and
yellow-page ads.

I suggest you visit Lowe's or HD and look a door samples for Martin
Doors. or visit their site.* This door qualifies for a tax credit. A
single door cost me $1200.00 (no new rails, windows or opener). The
installers at L/HD are the actual company Martin employees that are
trained and not some jay-bird off the street.

http://www.martindoor.com/