Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gloat! - Open Box Shed Kit

On Aug 10, 12:05*am, aemeijers wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
I didn't need anything as big or as costly as the shed kits at the
borgs so I drew up some plans for an 8 x 6 x 6 lean-to style shed to
store a few items in my backyard

I hooked up the trailer, headed off to HD and $250 later I had all the
2x4's, plywood and T1-11 that I needed for the shed. Just as I pulled
in the driveway I go "D*mn... forgot the stuff my wife needs for her
project."

So I drop the trailer and head back to HD. This time I go in a
different door and notice a big hand-written sign that says "Open Box
Shed Kits On Sale. Inquire At Customer Service."

"What the heck. I'll see what they got." I end up meeting the nicest
HD manager ever. She walked me over to 4 open box kits, one of which
was an 8 x 8 x 8 Regent II, the one I would have bought if I wanted to
spend the bucks.

http://www.handyhome.com/regent.htm

Regularly $499, she marked it down 50% to $249 - the same amount I
paid for the wood for my little lean-to! We went back inside, she rang
me put, put a Sold sign on the kit and told me to see her when I came
back with my trailer.

I go home, get the trailer, return all my wood and go looking for
Shannon. When I find her, she says "Let me get a fork-truck. Where are
you parked?" So now I've got a manager driving the fork truck and
helping me load the kit in my trailer - a kit I'm sure they didn't
make much money, if any, on. I look the kit over real quick and notice
that there are no instructions. Shannon goes back inside, looks them
up on the web and prints out the 36 page manual saying "If there's
anything else missing, find me during the days or tell any other
manager that Shannon said to give you what you need.

I've bad mouthed the borgs in the past, but this time I gotta Shannon
her props!

Don't tell us, send an email to corporate. Customer appreciation letters
look real good in a personnel file.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Way ahead of you. I started wrting the letter before I posted.