Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default One circuit went out

On Aug 8, 12:44*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Aug 8, 1:14*am, Metspitzer wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 21:54:11 -0700 (PDT),HiggsBoson

wrote:
At least I think that's what happened.

Several outlets stopped working. *I flipped the relevant switch on the
breaker box
but it didn't help.

This is the first time I've confronted such a problem. *Any
explanation of why
a given circuit would just poop out? *Inquiring minds...

I haven't called an electrician yet, being very low in the $$, so have
made
adjustments using other outlets (Yes, I'm being careful and No, I'm
not overloading.)

The dead circuit includes 4 outlets.

Any estimate what such a repair might cost, based on So. Calif prices?

TIA

Hypatia

Make sure you don't have any GFCIs tripped. *They are usually located
outside or in the bathrooms.

If you want to avoid an electrician, you can use a voltage tester and
pull out the dead outlets and inspect them.

A loose connection on the outlets can be obvious if you take them out
and look at them.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah I had an outdoor GFCI outlet that was wired into my bedroom and
part of my living room that caused me some grief. *I rewired it so the
GFCI portion only effected the one outlet.

Jimmie

How do I know if I have a GFCI outlet on that circuit?
(You're talkin' to a greenie...g)