Posted to uk.d-i-y
mick[_2_] mick[_2_] is offline

Default Would it be possible to have

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:11:21 +0100, TheOldFellow wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:28:42 GMT
"BigWallop" wrote:

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

As you will realise from my email address, I don't think you have this
quite right. I use gmail to preserve my other email addresses from spam
harvesting. The main problem IMO is those who use 'groups' web
interfaces to the usenet.

Strictly speaking, you don't need a valid "From:" header when posting to
newsgroups (see my headers for an example). An invalid address prevents
email harvesting from newsgroups and reduces your spam level. That must
be good. :-) Using " automatically makes the address
invalid so no-one gets your spam. Don't use "@invalid" as that is
actually a valid email address!

An invalid email address will, of course, mess up anyone wanting to email
you directly!

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info