Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Router - and rebating

Tim S wrote:

I *definately* need a router (kitchen worktops for one) so it might
as well see some use now, is my thinking

Possibly not the *same* router, though. If you're talking about using a
router and jig to cut mason joints on your worktop, you're going to need a
powerful (2000+ watts) 1/2" jobby - which you'll find big and heavy for
smaller jobs - especially if hand-held.

Someone else beat me to it, but I was also going to suggest that you forget
about rebating the wood, and chop some off the plaster instead, so that it's
no longer proud of the frame.
--
Cheers,
Roger