Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Router - and rebating

On 10 Aug, 11:50, Tim S wrote:
That wouldn't take long to knock up - perhaps, even if I buy
a table down the line, I'll learn more cheaply what "features" work for me.

The fence can be simpler still - just a stick with a chunk cut out as
a cutter recess, clamped at either end, or bolted/screwed at one end
and clamped the other (pivoting the fence makes it easy to change the
cut position with precision).

I'd add a suggestion to make some feather boards as hold downs to
press the timber down on the bed before and after the cutter, and into
the fence before the cutter - as this is crude you can just screw
them into the fence and the bed. 1/2" by 2" - saw down, parallel to
the short dimension, about 2" or so and repeat every 3mm or so to
create a serried rank of little fingers. They are fixed so the
fingers are slightly bent, pressing the timber into the cut. Google
it, much simpler than I've made it sound.

Remember the golden rule of wood machining - fingers never closer than
300mm to the cutter. Use pushsticks at the end of the cut (and ignore
the yank push-block thing shown on the link I posted, which breaks
that rule).