Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Keeping the power off

Matty F wrote:

On Aug 10, 12:42 pm, "Clive George" wrote:

Changing the padlock when the electrician is about will mean people have
to think about why they can't get into the box, which means they will get
to read the sign. Also, make your sign more obvious : "Electrician
working, do not touch" is better than just "Leave off".

The old sign said a bit more than that. I've made a new one that's
12"x8" and double sided.

The sign would stop pretty much anybody getting the bolt croppers.

I want to be 100% certain. Padlocks have been cut off frequently
elsewhere. The people concerned do not necessarily have a high IQ.

The electrician having their own padlock would seem to be a good start.

Something on the notice pointing out that anyone removing a padlock
without authorisation will be immediately sacked and possibly prosecuted!

Forgot to add - if this is at a place of work (implied by "sack a moron"),
boltchoppers on that padlock = H+S breach = bollocking/sacking. If you've
got staff who will consider doing that, you need to seriously clamp down on
them.

Too late after someone has died. It might be me that's dead. I am
really ****ed off.

If in doubt, crowbar the circuit such that any attempt to power it up
will result in an immediate trip.

--
Cheers,

John.