Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default Non incandescent bulbs?

To me, paying any utility co, is throwing money away. The bills kill
me and I see no negatives on cfls except some areas still need
incandesants, like dimmed can lights.- Hide quoted text -

This all-electric four bedroom 40 year old 2100 sq foot main floor +
1600 sq ft unfinished basement has total utility (that's
electricity) , plus municipal taxes (including water and sewer), plus
insurance costs of less than $4500 per year (about $350/month
Canadian; or $300/month US $.
Now starting to do some maintenance which even if it amounts to say
$20,000 to $40,000 (Unlikely) is equivalent of around $500 to $1000
per year of occupancy. Not too bad for a house that we built without a
mortgage in the 1970s.
Don't think one could downsize for less than that. And where would one
put all the 'junk' of a lifetime?????
Oh yes and btw we have to buy a new snowblower; the older third hand
used one has finally 'bought the farm'.
Cheers.