Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Musicant Dan Musicant is offline

Default Stain Removal

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:53:59 -0700, "The Ranger" cuhulain _
wrote:

:One of the daughter-units took it upon herself to lube-and-grease her
:bicycle. I applaud her self-starter can-do attitude and follow-through. The
:bike looks marvelous and rides like new.
:
:Unfortunately, a favorite sweatshirt took a direct hit from tire-and-road
:grime. I'm not even sure how she got it tagged but there is clearly a large
:scuff dead-center in her hood. The sweatshirt is 100% cotton, white, and
:fleece-like in texture. I've hit it with my three spot removing cleaners
:already; Zout, Spot it, and Shout. None of the three even dented the black
:hole.
:
:I'm looking for other ideas without damaging the fabric's integrity.
:
:Many thanks!
:
:The Ranger

The three I'd try are

1. Goop - dab, let sit a while and wash
2. Dawn - dab, let sit a while and wash
3. Oxiclean, soak 6+ hours and wash

The idea posted using naptha or paint thinner and a vacuum is
intriguing, certainly.

Dan

Dan Musicant
Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net