Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default SOLVED!!? Electric motor, again, help

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 23:33:23 -0400, clare wrote:

Difference in price from cheap crap import to decent quality bearing
is likely less than 20%. Going for the ultimate, a factor of 5 or
more. If you go to the work of changing them, use good enough parts
that you only need to do it once.

Apropos not much of anything, I was once working on a new design,
and needed to spec a bearing. I was using AutoCad, and SKF had
downloadable autocad drawings on their website. I found one that
would work, and imported it into my autocad drawing.

My drawing was in inches, the SKF drawing was in millimeters. When
I imported it, the bearing was bigger than the whole assembly!

(I just scaled it by .03937, and everything came out OK.)

Cheers!
Rich