Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What wire for this unit

On Aug 6, 10:26*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Was there ever another choice? You astound me, sometimes.
Hey, please call for help on this job. I'm starting to think
you're in over your head. At least get someone who's done
this kind of thing before.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Mormon wrote:
Page 17 says 14 ga or larger wire, and 15 amp breaker. 230
volt fan.

Just to confirm, that 14/2 each wire carrying 120 from
opposite phases.

That would seem to be the minimum required. But, as others have
pointed out, given that it's an air handler that's being installed,
running 12/3 would allow you flexibility in the future to support a
larger load, as well as 120V for possible use to power something else,
eg humidifier, air cleaner, etc. The cost diff for the wire isn't
much.