Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigeration Question

Roger, you've been trolled. No way for gook to come out of
refrigeration lines. They are sealed shut.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Michael Dobony" wrote in
message
.. .
We have a commercial 3 door refrigerator that will not
stay running. It

has
gone through many compressors, including a brand new one
last time. The
accumulator/filter is plugged and there is black oil
coming out of the
line. This does not seem right. I know there needs to be
oil in the lines,
but I doubt it needs as much as was dripping out of the
line and I

question
whether it should be black. Are my assumptions correct so
far? My thought
was to get the compressor replaced and find some solution
to clean out the
lines from the oil and dirt in them. I don't think that a
vacuum pump will
do the job of cleaning out all the oil and junk. Is there
a solution
(liquid cleaner to wash out the lines) available and where
would I get it?

I would replace the refrigeration guy.

The lines have to be as clean as possible.

I think that acetone and compressed air should do the trick
as far as
cleaning is concerned. Prior to charging the system, they
need to do a
complete leak check and then pump down to works to remove
all water that
might be left in the system.
--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in
the tube, then
they come up with this striped stuff.