Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Refrigeration Question

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
.. .
We have a commercial 3 door refrigerator that will not stay running. It

has
gone through many compressors, including a brand new one last time. The
accumulator/filter is plugged and there is black oil coming out of the
line. This does not seem right. I know there needs to be oil in the lines,
but I doubt it needs as much as was dripping out of the line and I

question
whether it should be black. Are my assumptions correct so far? My thought
was to get the compressor replaced and find some solution to clean out the
lines from the oil and dirt in them. I don't think that a vacuum pump will
do the job of cleaning out all the oil and junk. Is there a solution
(liquid cleaner to wash out the lines) available and where would I get it?

I would replace the refrigeration guy.

The lines have to be as clean as possible.

I think that acetone and compressed air should do the trick as far as
cleaning is concerned. Prior to charging the system, they need to do a
complete leak check and then pump down to works to remove all water that
might be left in the system.
--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.