Posted to alt.home.repair
clot clot is offline

Default new fridge really *is* more energy efficient.

N8N wrote:
On Aug 8, 1:13 pm, stan wrote:
On Aug 7, 8:33 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

A snip

If only! since we were shopping for a new fridge, and we own this
house, SWMBO wanted what she wanted, which was a bottom freezer,
french door model. To add insult to injury, we had to get a "counter
depth" model (why do they make you pay more for a smaller fridge?) and
still had to remove a cabinet anyway, so by the time the fridge has
paid for its purchase price, the paint, plaster, copper tubing etc.
and my labor, it'll be long gone.

But it does look nice. And it's quiet. Love the quiet. plus having
built in water dispenser and ice maker means saving even more space
because the Brita pitcher doesn't have to live in the fridge, and I
don't keep my water bottles (for riding bike) frozen in the freezer
anymore.

I like quiet. Our old fridge would drive me mad as I was listening to the TV
in a room a mile away - well no, a few feet away but through two solid
walls, not studding and plaster.

Sometimes you just gotta pay more to get what you want; like the
fridge, or the rug in the living room (I'm proud of that one though,
only paid $900 on Craigslist for a rug that I'm sure would appraise
over $5K. sounds silly but I'm a barefoot kinda guy, and walking on a
nice rug, especially one that looks nice too, is something that just
makes you feel glad you paid the $$$.)

Your views and I welcome our freedom. I hate folk walking barefoot. When in
someone else's house, I feel happy to remove my shoes but no more. It is
strange that many cultures seem to have different makes on this.

Another snip