Posted to alt.home.repair
George Abbot George Abbot is offline

Default Night time visitors

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Mysterious Traveler wrote:
While sitting outside last night, before the moon was up, I
started hearing noises and turned on the flashlight to find
the cutest group of four little skunks I've ever seen. You
know they have virtually no fear of humans until you get
excited and stand up cursing. I got out the "Have a Heart"
trap, put some canned dog food inside and half hoped to
catch them and half hoped I didn't. The trap was empty
this morning.

I'll try again tonight.

Mysterious Traveler

If I ping one with a BB gun, how far can it ****?

A good bait is an egg. Just put it in the havaheart and you should
catch it. I have bees, and as long as the skunks stay away from them
all is fine. Occasionally I have to trap one and remove it.

I approach the trap with a tarp in front of me and cover the trap.
Then take it to where it is to be released. Lock one end open and get
away. Usually they just leave and do not spray.

However, if they are not bothering anything, leave them be since they
do clear out a lot of things like grubs that feed on lawns.

GA