Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default face shield

In article , Aaron Fude wrote:
Does anybody have experience with a protective face shield that works
well for people wearing glasses?

Oh, absolutely. *Far* better than goggles. I stopped using goggles about 12-15
years ago, right after the first time I used a face shield. A face shield
doesn't make your glasses fog up the way many goggles do, and IMO it's more
comfortable besides. But those aren't the most important advantages: First,
since a face shield is much easier to put on and take off than goggles, you're
more likely to use it; protective gear doesn't work if you don't wear it.
Second, there are other things on your face besides your eyes that need
protection. I know from some of your other posts that you have and use a table
saw. Table saws occasionally eject offcuts back toward the operator; the tip
speed on a typical 10" table saw is around 110mph. Picture taking a taking a
piece of wood the size of, say, a deck of cards, moving at 110mph, on your
nose. Or in your teeth.

My local stores do not seem to carry
face shields although I have not checked them all.

Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Do-It-Best Hardware

It would also be nice
if muffs are incorporated

Never saw one like that.