Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Impact wrench ideas

It's very possible, you are correct about the under sized
compressor.

Thanks for mention the electric impact. I'm on my second one
of those. First one broke on the 2nd lug of a front brake
and rotor job I was doing for a friend. I was about three
hours drive from home, and not happy to be hand wrenching
the rest of the job. The plug in impact wrench is just too
big for some applications, and the air wrenches are shorter
from front to back.

Of course, I'd use the plug in wrench when possible. Every
time you convert energy from one form to another, there is
energy loss. Just plug in the impact is the most efficient.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"justalurker ." wrote in message
Your compressor is most likely to small to make use of a
meaningful
impact wrench. For an air impact to do it's job there needs
to be
adequate CFM and a large enough static air tank behind it to
generate
real torque.

You made a very common mistake with too small a compressor
if you
intended to try to use an air impact.

when it's
on sale.