Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One circuit went out

Options come to mind:

* Bad circuit breaker, not delivering power.
* Dirty contact between breaker, and the bar that supplies
power.
* Bad connection at one of the outlets, so the power goes as
far as a particular outlet, but no farther
* Broken wire, along the way
* Bad connection at the neutral bar

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
At least I think that's what happened.

Several outlets stopped working. I flipped the relevant
switch on the
breaker box
but it didn't help.

This is the first time I've confronted such a problem. Any
explanation of why
a given circuit would just poop out? Inquiring minds...

I haven't called an electrician yet, being very low in the
$$, so have
made
adjustments using other outlets (Yes, I'm being careful and
No, I'm
not overloading.)

The dead circuit includes 4 outlets.

Any estimate what such a repair might cost, based on So.
Calif prices?

TIA

Hypatia