Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Night time visitors

Mysterious Traveler wrote in
:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Mysterious Traveler wrote:

While sitting outside last night, before the moon was up, I
started hearing noises and turned on the flashlight to find
the cutest group of four little skunks I've ever seen. You
know they have virtually no fear of humans until you get
excited and stand up cursing. I got out the "Have a Heart"
trap, put some canned dog food inside and half hoped to
catch them and half hoped I didn't. The trap was empty
this morning.

I'll try again tonight.

Smitty Two, sang this song and played a tune on the worlds smallest
violin:
Why? What's going on in your head that the response to seeing an
animal is to trap it? Skunks have been living under my deck for 20
years. If I leave the door open, they wander into the kitchen and
chow down on some cat food. I don't get people who have a problem
with sharing the planet with animals.

Early in the morning about two o'clock they have a tendency to stop
outside my window and spray a little perfume around for some reason.
With the warm nighttime temperatures it's nice to have a window open
until that fine scent drifts through, if you know what I mean.

Most of our skunks seem to be the Hooded variety, which are rare in
this area.
http://www.thewebsiteofeverything.co...nivora/Musteli
dae/Mephitis/Mephitis-macroura.html

Mysterious Traveler

skunks don't spray for nothing;
something must be threatening them,for them to be spraying near your home.
Perhaps a cat?

Maybe you should put out some mothballs around your open windows and keep
the skunks away from them.
Once they realize the mothballs are there,they won't come back.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik