Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default One circuit went out

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
At least I think that's what happened.

Several outlets stopped working. I flipped the relevant switch on the
breaker box
but it didn't help.

This is the first time I've confronted such a problem. Any
explanation of why
a given circuit would just poop out? Inquiring minds...

I haven't called an electrician yet, being very low in the $$, so have
made
adjustments using other outlets (Yes, I'm being careful and No, I'm
not overloading.)

The dead circuit includes 4 outlets.

Any estimate what such a repair might cost, based on So. Calif prices?

TIA

Hypatia

More likely part of one circuit went out. The wiring is daisy chained
between the outlets and lights, so it's most likely a bad connection at one
of the devices. If you find which other outlets on that same circuit are
still live, then try to determine the wiring path, you will probably find
the problem at the last live outlet, or the first dead outlet. This should
be fairly easy for an electrician to find, and probably only cost whatever
they get for a service charge