Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov is offline

Default Under pine tree leak in sprinkler system

(golfere) wrote:

I had a leak 18" under a pine tree roots. I found and repaired the leak,
but now I can not stop a dripping leak in one of the repaired joints.

I am using 3/4 tubeing and 3/4 connecters and hose clamps. I used a heat
gun to get the connectors into the tubing and all is OK until I install
the hose clamps and theen the dipping leak starts. If I tighten one clamp,
the other starts to leak so I go back an forth hoping to tighten just
enough to stop the leak.
At this point, the leak is 3 drips per minute.

Should I use plumber's tape around the connectors? Help, this is killing
my back working 18" under the tree roots.

(my suggestion)

Assuming your not working with threaded pipe (tho it would work just
as well).

Automotive gasket sealant, between the tubing and connectors, (type of
sealant in a can with a brush inside of the lid),
Then tighten the clamps. This works well, and a trick I've always used
to stop a leak between two materials, (mostly metal and tubing); it
would work on PVC just as well.

It doesn't have to go on the connector, just coating the inside of the
water free tubing, then connecting it would work just as well.

--

Two legged cat.
http://incredimazing.com/page/2_Legg..._Heart_of_Gold