Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default One circuit went out

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 21:54:11 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

At least I think that's what happened.

Several outlets stopped working. I flipped the relevant switch on the
breaker box
but it didn't help.

This is the first time I've confronted such a problem. Any
explanation of why
a given circuit would just poop out? Inquiring minds...

I haven't called an electrician yet, being very low in the $$, so have
made
adjustments using other outlets (Yes, I'm being careful and No, I'm
not overloading.)

The dead circuit includes 4 outlets.

Any estimate what such a repair might cost, based on So. Calif prices?

TIA

Hypatia

Make sure you don't have any GFCIs tripped. They are usually located
outside or in the bathrooms.

If you want to avoid an electrician, you can use a voltage tester and
pull out the dead outlets and inspect them.

A loose connection on the outlets can be obvious if you take them out
and look at them.