Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch[_2_] Tom Veatch[_2_] is offline

Default Skil Digital Angle Finder: huge mistake!

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 17:27:14 -0500, Tom Veatch wrote:

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:41:34 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

The wrong angle.
In the case of my original example, I would have a 20 degree gap in my
joint.

Only if you use the cutoff instead of the workpiece.

You do have to remember that with acute angles, the cutoff is on one
side of the blade and with obtuse angles the cutoff is on the opposite
side of the blade. Which is which depends on whether you use a left or
right miter setting.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

Please ignore, major brain fart! Most days I understand that an angled
cut across a straight member produces supplementary angles instead of
complements. Only excuse I can offer is that maybe I was thinking of
compound mitering crown molding where sometimes you keep the piece on
the right and other times the piece on the left.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA