Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default SOLVED!!? Electric motor, again, help

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:36:38 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:41:55 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn"
scrawled the following:

Right.
If you replace the $7 bearings with the cheap import ones - then what -
do it every year ?

Have you had trouble with premature failure of import bearings,
Martin?

I wouldn't use one on my spaceship's gyro, but wouldn't hesitate to
use them elsewhere.

Depends on the "import". I've had some that out of the box were worse
than what I was replacing.
Won't even think about russian. Polish are not too bad. Taiwanese are
often pretty decent - japanese can be excellent. Howe about British,
German, or Australian? They are imports too. For me, Made in USA is an
import.