Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default new fridge really *is* more energy efficient.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
just an update... bought a shiny new GE fridge a couple months back.
have had it plugged into a kill-a-watt just to see if it really lived up
to the energy-saving hype. It's been running for about 400 hours since
the last power outage, and average rate of energy consumption works out
to about 636 kWh/year. energyguide says 458, but I've had the "energy
saver" turned off because I was getting condensation on the door seals
(it's pretty darn humid here, even with the AC and a dehumidifier in the
basement.)

Old smaller fridge was over 1000 kWh/year according to the KAW so good
deal. Now at that rate for the fridge to pay for itself it'll take...
lessee...

If it's anything like my old GE it just might last long enough...

hmm, this is kinda like cars, isn't it?

If a car lasts long enough it will pay for itself? I've been doing it wrong
then. Mine always want me to keep paying.

But it's quiet, keeps my beer cold, and makes the girlie happy, none of
which the old fridge was doing towards the end...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel