Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Outlets went out but no breaker is tripped

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:36:31 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:19:53 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 05:06:28 +0000 (UTC),
(David
Combs) wrote:

That is interesting, but if true, why does my electric power
washer come with a built in GFCI?

Lawyers, not engineers, made that decision.

That reminds me of the plumber and the code people.

The plumber wrote to the officials and explained how acid was
a great tool for clearing a drain.

They wrote back with a long winded explination why it would
not work. The plumber wrote back thanking them for agreeing.

After a few more letters the authorities were frustrated and
worte "It burns the ^$%% out of the pipes." The plumber finally got
the idea.

If you think you know more than the people who write the
national codes, maybe you should write them a lettler ...