Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Spotlight Wiring

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:12:19 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

With the light switch off, but the fuse box on, if I unscrew where a
metal outdoor spotlight base meets the soffit, and grasp and pull the
base, AND if part of the base touches a wire left bare behind it,
would I be electrocuted?
As for why I'm not turning off the fuse and why there might me a bare
wire behind the base, don't ask.

You never know wihtout testing. If you knew how to test I
doubt if you would have asked the question. I suggest having a pro
come in.

No one can really tell you from the information you gave us
and likely even if you provided all the information available. There
are far too many ways someone before you may have screwed up the
wiring.