Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Outlets went out but no breaker is tripped

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:19:53 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 05:06:28 +0000 (UTC),
(David
Combs) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Generally speaking, you don't want anything with a motor on a GFCI. I
don't think the fishtank pump motor is big enough to matter, though.
The reason I suspect the fishtank for tripping the GFCI is the
abundance of water and humidity involved. If the light fixture gets
even slightly damp, it could trip the GFCI.

That is interesting, but if true, why does my electric power
washer come with a built in GFCI?

Lawyers, not engineers, made that decision.