Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Adjusting a upvc window - is it possible as it has a draughty gap at the edge!

"Mikeyboy" wrote in message
In my house I have a not very new upvc window (fitted by the previous
owners) and in cold weather there is a bad draft from the bottom left
corner of the bottom half, which opens upwards from a central position
(it is like a sash window in appearance, though not in operation). I
can in fact see out through this gap.Its about 2-3mm wide.

Is it possible to adjust/move the hinges so that it will close this
gap?

When my DG was fitted it wasn't properly square, catching in one corner. So
I called them back to remedy this.

I expected then to tinker with some adjusting screw at the hinge, but much
to my surprise he just gave the opposite corner of the window a good whack -
job done!

You are right, the window should be evenly fitting within the frame and
there should be some guides fitted in the frame to make it stay this way.
Apart from the above, quite how you get to that position with an old window
I don't know

tim