Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Need advice on purchasing a home with no basement

cm wrote:
Almost every home in Arizona is built without a basement. Life goes on here.

cm
"desgnr" wrote in message
Is it a good idea to purchse a home with NO basement ?
The reason i ask is because it needs a new Kitchen & i am wondering how
would i go about relocating the Electric line for the Range & to move the
Plumbing supplies & drain to relocate the Sink.
How can this be acomplished ?
I know with a Basement it would be an easy task.
Also what if i need to relocate the Cable hookup to another wall,also add
electric outlets.
Would this create a nightmare ?
Or can it be easily acomplished.
The home is in Pennsylvania.
Also there is no attic.
Any ideas & suggestions greatly appreciated.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Hi,
In Arizona weather is very mild. Been there many times. I know you can
have a full basement there if you want to. Cost is the matter. Where I
live, not having a full basement is almost unthinkable. There are old
houses built during the war which most of them now have dug out
basement(like retrofitting one). Our frost line is over 6 feet deep.
Right now a friend of mine is building a house and he ran into a big
boulder while excavating for basement. To clear the obstacle, it cost
him 20K but basement is poured according to plan.