Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice on purchasing a home with no basement

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"benick" wrote:

"desgnr" wrote in message
Is it a good idea to purchse a home with NO basement ?
The reason i ask is because it needs a new Kitchen & i am wondering how
would i go about relocating the Electric line for the Range & to move
the
Plumbing supplies & drain to relocate the Sink.
How can this be acomplished ?
I know with a Basement it would be an easy task.
Also what if i need to relocate the Cable hookup to another wall,also
add
electric outlets.
Would this create a nightmare ?
Or can it be easily acomplished.
The home is in Pennsylvania.
Also there is no attic.
Any ideas & suggestions greatly appreciated.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Chances are pretty good the plumbing is in the slab and would require
jackhammering holes and trenches to relocate it then patching the
concrete
which is difficult but doable..Wiring is probably above the ceiling and
goes
down the walls....Plan on a complete gut of the kitchen which by the
sounds
you are doing anyway...Probably not a DIYer project....Adding outlets in
other rooms probably would require holes in the ceiling and walls that
would
require patching and painting...Not a nightmare for pros but could be for
DIYer...Expensive as well , especially the kitchen part.........HTH...

I didn't infer "slab" from "no basement."

If there is NO access under the house it must be on a slab...I've seen a few
houses like he described...Usually a modular or stick built ranch on a
slab..Yes , even in the northeast...LOL....I guess I infered right....