Swingman

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

"Ray Kinzler" wrote in message

I am just planning on the 'normal' distance between the countertop and
the bottom of the upper cabinets to place my microwave. Is that not
enough space?

Normal distance is 16 - 18", on the higher side if you plan on having
undercounter lighting ... that usually allows plenty of room for most
countertop microwaves.

Also, I never really thunk aboutit but how much space DOES there need
to be between the bottom of the cabinets and the top of the fridge?

I leave about 4" ... just enough room for SWMBO room to stack her TV and
coffee trays, and not enough room to put anything on top of the refrigerator
that would block the cabinet doors. Check your refrigerator manufacturer's
recommendation for clearance for your particular model.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03