Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Avoiding washer/dryer down stairs

On Aug 4, 8:12*pm, wrote:
Serious questions: Can you take out a dishwasher from a kitchen and
replace with a small (stackable?) clothes washer (and dryer)? *Could a
plumber easily do that? *Even sillier question: * Clothes can't be
effectively washed in a dishwasher, can they? *I am older and want to
stay in my home, but the washer/dryer is in the basement. *My doctor
said to avoid steps. Helpful answer would be deep appreciated. *(I am
considering a chair *lift, but would rather not depend on that.) *Anyway
thanks so much.

My neighbor had basically the same problem. She replaced her her
refrigerator with a stacked washer/dryer unit and put a small
refridgerator where the dishwasher was. Her son and daughter in-law
did most of the work.

Jimmie